miércoles, 16 de septiembre de 2015

How Linkbuilding improving our process we saved $ 60,000 in 4 Weeks

"Sean, I'll be honest with you Matt." He said through a series of half-smiles. I knew there was something wrong - and he knew it long before this meeting.

"I'm not really happy with the quality of the links I've been getting." Yes, he was right. I've been out of the team link building my own company for more than three years ago and so far, most of the links in the reports for your company is shitty quality.

"If this continues, I'm sorry to say that at the end of this month, we will have to find another SEO company to help us hit our targets."

Dammit.


In those years I have been of non-intervention, my team linkbuilding has not really grown. In fact, it was stasis - almost lifeless in their growth and production. Needless to say I had fear, frustration and downright angry.

"Do not worry, I'll handle it."

That's what came out of my mouth when my brain was thinking, "Oh shit, oh shit, oh shit!"

The size of the contract at stake was up to $ 60,000 in revenue for the SEO Hacker. He had to do something - anything to keep the customer on board.



He is stepping down and stepping

The first thing I did was ask my team leader to resign linkbuilding helm - how humbly made. I took over as the chief strategist and director of linkbuilding efforts of our team. This was a critical step because if I do not take me again, I would not have been able to review and reform the existing strategy and change a new one.

Then I started to look linkbuilding tools critics think would help our efforts on a scale 10 times. So I looked around Google, blogs, comments and anything that could wrap my mind around and discovered two tools that aroused interest: BuzzStream and Inkybee.

BuzzStream

BuzzStream to Linkbuilding

I was a little skeptical trying BuzzStream out - again. You see, we were able to implement this principle in life as Hacker SEO company. But no significant results for our link building team at the time. I was no intervention by the team and my crew chief during that time told me that it was not worth what we were paying.

So turn it off and canceled our account.

It's been over two years since. BuzzStream I expected to have improved significantly since then. Our customers have grown - and so has the team linkbuilding. So I thought it only fair to give us another chance.

I checked again and discovered that my BuzzStream access still worked. But the state of the account was canceled. So I did what I thought was best and tweeted the CEO and founder Paul May.


Paul responded almost immediately and had the opportunity to talk on Skype about what they had in mind for BuzzStream. It was a short but very productive talk. Paul had BuzzStream reactivated my account and sent me some tutorial videos (later I sent my team Linkbuilding). It also gave me a generous offer to try out BuzzStream (Thanks Paul!).

Immediately we skipped to BuzzStream and realized how to get to webmasters that are relevant to our customers.

We were greeted with this screen:

Add Websites

For those who went ahead and added a list of websites that we got from the top 100 Google results. For this case study, I'll just go ahead and put in dummy data (example1.com, example2.com, etc.)

Add prospects

After that, BuzzStream does its job.

BuzzStream does its job

We hope to get statistics - at this stage, still pulling data BuzzStream.

We waited for statistics

Here we go. (Woah - not expecting those domains that have PageRank scores!)

Statistics appear

After locating the sites that we were going to go next, we packed our staff quickly reach.

Created scope template

It was nothing fancy but it did the job. This is what we put in the subject line and the message:

Subject: Your site is awesome! Just a quick question :)

Message: Hi [name]

Read through their website ([website name]) a bit and he learned that you are writing things that I'm really in (niche website). He wondered if he'd let me write an article for you? I promise it will be worth publish and be a part of your audience will love to read.

I want to know if this is something you are interested :)

Cheers,
- Sean
Marketing Chico
Scope Template

Regarding my personal opinion, we received a very good response rate (12%).

Reply

What I love about BuzzStream is that keeps everyone in the loop. I could see who my team is doing well with the template, which is experimenting with the use of other models and lines of business, which is responding quickly and is responding later.

Things looked good. Until finally, we have been able to clear through just about all perspectives stopped.

THE DILEMMA

My first batch of prospects scraped Google was running quickly. We needed perspectives. Good prospects. And fast. So I looked for a tool to help me find (scratch?) Good, quality prospects that we can reach.

What happens to link disclosure is that if you get poor quality prospects, the deadline of its entire first email with live links alleged increases by almost 800%. That's a lot of time to waste. Ergo, get your prospects right the first time saves 8x more time you can spend elsewhere.

To illustrate my point, here is our disclosure in four weeks:

Made Over TimeHere scope of our responses received data:

Replies received our data ratio range to answer:

Reply reach Ratio

And unlike our depressing ratio range to the response (in percent) on weekdays:

Unlike percent

So while our efforts were increasing substantially, our statements were declining sharply. It makes no sense. After pulling in some data BuzzStream, I came to the conculsion to be on the quality of the prospects we offered. You see, it really is not logical to think that your potential customers are running - for the simple fact that there are billions of websites out there.

Running out good prospects after reaching the 1,376 websites simply makes no sense. The solution seemed obvious - I and my team are in need of a tool to help us get better prospects.

INKYBEE

Inkybee

I looked at the characteristics of Inkybee page and I found it fascinating.

InkyBee Features

The thing is I was not sure if he could deliver. After all, there are so many SaaS tools that could claim this and that - and fall short of the actual execution. So I emailed the owner - Hugh Anderson.

After a series of emails back and forth, I decided to try out Inkybee - and invited my team linkbuilding over. We jumped in using the tool almost immediately.

We were greeted by a rather simple board - a search box.

Inkybee Dashboard Page

After doing a quick search (for this case study, I used the keyword 'customer feedback') returns results that look like this:

Quick search -Customer feedbackObviously Inkybee not classify prospects in terms of PA and DA de Moz, instead occupies websites and blogs in terms of their overall visibility and commitment. From their website, here it is how the two metrics are explained as:

1. Visibility

Visibility is a measure of how visible is a blog on the Internet in relation to all other blogs. Visibility equals audience metrics, connection and authority.

For example, Mashable and the Huffington Post are highly visible and therefore would have the highest scores of visibility.
It is measured on a logarithmic scale from 1 to 100. This means that, in absolute terms, to increase from a score of 80 to 90 is more than 1000 times as hard as to increase from 30 to 40.
2. Commitment

The commitment is a measure of the average social exchange, taste and comment on any story in the blog.

Measured on a logarithmic scale 1-100.
Apart from that, there are two other metrics they use, but are not shown in the search results page:

3. Relevance

The relevance score is a measure of how often the words of the corpus are used across all Posts on the blog.

A relevance score of 100 means that all blog posts talking about the concept of "public relations"
A relevance score of 50 means that about half of the posts of blogs in general, talk about public relations. The rest can speak of media (for example).
4. Overall Ranking

The overall classification is a mixture of these 3 scores above the participation and visibility of higher than the relevance of the grounds that they are all quite relevant classification. How often each blog post is also a factor in this calculation.

We were very excited about these four metrics. So we went ahead and took a shot at our first prospects. We do not have conclusive data as the time - however, we have seen a general uprising of our numbers due to our prospects Inkybee.

THE RESULT

Over 1,376 achievements made over a period of four weeks, we have been able to bag 25 links of writing 25 different websites. While that puts us in an area of ​​1.8% live links ratio (I think it's horrible, but it has a great opportunity for improvement), our customer was very happy with the final results.

The approximate hours of hand work by these 1,376 had broadcast emails was about 80 hours. That's a huge increase in efficiency since returned to take the helm of linkbuilding. The whole race which resulted in 25 editorial links saved us a customer with a contract of $ 60,000 in its entirety.

Happy?

Definitely.

Tips for Keeps: BuzzStream Inkybee and is now in the list of "tools we use" SEO Hacker. I recommend for you to try them out.

If you found this article useful for outreach efforts, or if you have some things to add to improve this, let me know in the comments section.